Tattoo Clients Bill of Rights
EVERY PERSON BEING TATTOOED HAS THE RIGHT:
1. To be tattooed in a scrupulous hygienic, open environment, by a clean, conscientious tattoo artist wearing a fresh pair of disposable latex gloves.
2. To a sober, friendly, calm and knowledgeable tattoo artist, who will guide them through their tattoo experience with confidence and assurance.
3. To the peace of mind which comes from knowing that their tattoo artist knows and practices the very highest standards of sterilization and hygiene.
4. To be tattooed with a brand new, completely sterilized needle, which is immediately disposed of in a medical sharps container after use on the client alone.
5. To be touched with freshly sterilized, appropriate implements, properly used and disposed of or re-sterilized in an autoclave prior to use on anyone else.
6. To know that getting tattooed anywhere besides in a licenced tattoo studio is NEVER appropriate and is extremely dangerous.
7. To be satisfied with the design they choose, and confident that their tattoo artist's abilities have resulted in a correctly drawn design.
8. Tattoo clients have the right to expect their tattoo artist to be able to "customize" any design, or be able to create a unique design, to the satisfaction of the client.
9. To be fully informed about proper aftercare, and to have continuing access to their artist for consultation and assistance with all tattoo related questions.
10. To stop their tattoo at any point for any reason.
While this is not an all-encompassing list of what a tattoo client can expect, it IS A MINIMUM of what you should expect and demand from the studio you patronize.